[TR] TR3 wiring

dave dave at ranteer.com
Wed Dec 26 21:39:19 MST 2018

Thank you all so much for some great suggestions.
First i plan to soak the cylinders with pb blaster and magic mystery oil for a week or two, gently  try to turn the engine over, soak some more, gently try again,  etc.
After that, change all the fluids and check that the valves are all moving.   Maybe a compression test.

Then I  plan to get it running.   If i am not mistaken,  from battery to ignition coil to ground,  plus new plugs and wires,  use a "remote" starter,  probably a little starter fluid,  gas can to electric pump to carbs,  and i might have something!
If not,  it's carb rebuild time
Then my son and i have to have some serious discussions on where we go from there.  I think we are aiming for driver,  but staying more or less correct.
I like the idea of pulling the engine now and doing the cleanup/paint before doing the hydraulics and the wiring.
More info,  and it will be updated as we make progress at www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr3a

null