[TR] What "Kit?"was The Gift of a Triumph

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Tue Dec 18 04:57:43 MST 2018

Paul – I don’t remember talking about a conversion kit although I think J.C. Whitney did offer a “big bore” kit that gave TR3s several additional millimeters of bore. I know that I noticed a power reduction when I had to replace sleeves and liners in a Case VAC tractor, returning them to the original, smaller size. Maybe Randall will clue us in on that.

The whole issue of what to do with our belongings is very real and could be an unpleasant issue in cases. Although there is no “next generation” in our household, I have found very few nephews & nieces wanting to take simple family items into their care. I hear from many people that today’s generation are more happy purchasing chip-board furniture from Ikea rather than inherit 150 – 250 year old furniture and other items that have come down through the generations. We often eat from 1910 plates that have my grandmother’s initials on them and we enjoy that a lot as well as using flatware from the same era. But, I don’t know where those items will be going to next. Interestingly, if you ever get a chance to look in the auction section of the Lancaster (Penn.) Farming News, you will see pages and pages of ads of whole estates, including land, buildings, equipment, livestock, furniture, dishes and pots & pans. The good thing about an auction is that the item in question ends up with someone who is genuinely interested as demonstrated by their winning bid.

I often think about all of my farm machinery (10 tractors plus all types of hay making equipment, shop equipment, tools, etc.) and where it will end up when I can no longer stay in the driver’s seat.

Alex Thomson