[TR] How smooth does the face of a block really need to be

David P frogeye at porterscustom.com
Wed Dec 12 15:09:34 MST 2018

While on this general subject... the 250 and TR6 blocks have a ledge
machined into the top couple mm of each bore, presumably to allow a bit
of the head gasket to seep into this space. Does anyone have a better
explanation?

Has anyone had this ledge removed by decking the block and if so were
there piston to head clearance issues?

DaveP

--
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

---
https://www.avg.com