[TR] How smooth does the face of a block really need to be

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Mon Dec 10 17:45:46 MST 2018

A mechanic I used takes heads or manifolds out into the concrete drive and grinds them smooth.
Bill
I would still use him but I have moved.

Sent from my Motorola 8000X

On Dec 10, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Chris Simo <ccsimonsen at gmail.com> wrote:

abrasive roloc discs or those plastic finger discs?

if you've been using abrasive discs, you're probably already in somewhat muddy waters.

I'd get it kissed at the machine shop as I tend to worry about stuff like that before and while on long drives....

That being said, I once sanded the head and block of an old chevy luv with a DA after it had stranded me with a blown head gasket.  Made it home and drove it that way for 3 years until I sold it.  Still worried about it when I got far from home...

Sent from my TRASH-80

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive