[TR] TR6 Washer Bottle Strap

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:46:01 MDT 2018

Hey all ~

I've got a pretty small, non-technical issue I'm hoping someone else has
already figured
out:

Some years back, I put a new square washer bottle, bracket and strap on my
'74 TR6.
I notice that the strap (which looks like an oversized rubber band, looks
like it's about
to give way. Before that happens, I'd like to replace it: Not the bracket
to which it's
attached, just the band. It seems that Moss sells the bracket and strap as
an "assembly"
(P/N 546-140 @ $51.99) as does TRF (P/N 518265 @ $34.94). It seems obvious
the
brackets don't wear out but the rubber retaining strap does. They don't
seem to sell
the strap apart from the bracket but I'd prefer to find a strap (no, not a
bungee cord)
at a considerably lower cost than the assembly pricing. Anyone BTDT?

Thanks in advance for any responses...

Dave Friedlander
'74 TR6
'59 TR3a in process