[TR] Fell into a TR3a deal that I could not refuse

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Wed Aug 29 09:19:44 MDT 2018

In California,  my son heard about a 1963 Austin Healey Sprite that was abandon in a parking lot, and it's in decent shape with good interior and a new cloth top.

Planning to lay claim to it as an abandon vehicle, I brought this up at one of my Triumph Club meetings, and one member told me about a company here in the San Jose area called Auto Registrar, listed as a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.  For about $120 they came to my garage and inspected the vehicle for the VIN #, then ran a historical search which was a national wide search.  Very interestingly there is no record of this car ever being registered in the US, so our best guess it it came from Canada.  This company processed the paper work and the DMV sent my son a title for the car.  You may have a similar agency in your state.

Over the past year my son has gone through everything, engine is solid with good compression and it's been upgraded to 1275 too.  It should be ready for the road in a few more weeks.

Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE