[TR] [EXTERNAL] - RE: red light, huh?

auprichard at uprichard.net auprichard at uprichard.net
Tue Aug 21 15:13:03 MDT 2018

If the red light is on, you are not charging the system.  If you have a modern alternator, I agree no need for the control box, but you still need to connect wires.  I can send a pic when I get home at the end of the week. I don't think you can conclude anything from the ammeter until the system is charging.  It is probably correcto, a small draw and the battery not charging.  So wait until you fix the red light problem.

Do you have the gearbox cover on?  If not, does the cross-shaft move when you put you foot on the clutch?  If the cover is on, have someone look underneath.  There is a difference between crunching going into gear, but you still have a clutch, and being unable to find a gear with the engine running.  If you start the car in gear and your foot is on the clutch, does it lurch?

60 psi at warm idle is great, maybe even a little high.  Watch you don't go too high when driving.

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] - RE: [TR] red light, huh?