[TR] TR3 overdrive gearbox

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Fri Aug 17 07:04:00 MDT 2018

List:  I have 4 TRs all with full-synchro A-type overdrive gearboxes.  I
also have a TR3 which came with a non-synchro OD, but the person interested
in the car wants an all-synchro, non-OD set-up.

The overdrive works on the bench if I spin the shaft, but I cannot attest
that it will work under load.  The gearbox has new synchros and seals.

I am familiar with the later boxes, but have no idea what a non-synchro OD
box would fetch were I to sell it.  Any suggestions?

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan