[TR] Thrust washer (bearings)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 9 00:41:01 MDT 2018

Have you tried replacing the thrust washers?  That's certainly where I would
start.  Most likely your old ones are worn to produce that much clearance.
If it does turn out the crank surface is that badly worn, it can be welded
up and reground.

The value read for compression can vary widely based on a lot of factors, so
you should look only at the variation.  All within less than 2% of the
average is very good.

-- Randall