[TR] Some alternator questions for the Thanksgiving weekend

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 13:54:40 MDT 2018

> Yes, I have an external voltage regulator.   Sorry, forgot to include
that.

Then the output for the light will come from the regulator (if there is
one).  Or, in some cases (like my early Stag), there is a separate box/relay
that both powers the regulator/field and runs the light.

In the diagram I posted before, I believe the wire at the top labeled 'Y'
would go to the light, and only be hot when the alternator was turning.

-- Randall