[TR] pusher fan on TR6

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:04:43 MDT 2018

For years I used that set-up - stock fan still in place and a pusher
controlled by a manual switch for use in slow traffic, railroad crossings
or when there was a 9600' twisty mountain road coming up.

I, too, suspected that it blocked air at speed and thought it a dubious
trade-off.  In the end I replaced the stock fan with a tropical fan and
eliminated the electric altogether.

But that was on a TR3 and a TR4 which have those nearly flat butter paddle
fan blades.  A TR6 has a pretty good fan so I doubt the electric is really
needed if everything is in good nick.  Its presence may suggest that PO was
trying to resolve an over-heating situation.  Time will tell as you drive -
but there may be something better than a band-aid if it does get to hot.

Geo