[TR] Brake Fluid for TR3A

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sat Sep 9 11:26:30 MDT 2017

I can answer that question.

A few years ago I purchased a master cylinder (it was for a TD) that had that label.  I was in touch with a Moss insider, and he explained it to me:

This is due to liability.  If someone mixes dot 5 with dot 3/4/5.1 the results are not good.  Therefore they put this warning on the label so that they are protected from future DPO’s who might put a new master on an existing brake system and think this is a good time to change to silicone without properly draining and cleaning the system.

Don’t let if phase you BUT also be sure to drain and flush the system if it did not already have dot 5 silicone brake fluid in it.

And I will add, at the risk of being flamed, insulted, or otherwise made comments about, that I have installed several brake masters without bench bleeding.  But I’m sure that that means that my brakes don’t work, I don’t how to drive, and I have no business owning several LBC’s