[TR] Brake Fluid for TR3A

Ann Carletta anncarletta at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 17:28:43 MDT 2017

Hi.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I was a slacker this year and just got my car (1960 TR3A)  out today.  My plan was to hook her up to the battery charger for a few hours and drive tomorrow, but with a few sprays of starting fluid, she was off to the races, well, the car wash.

Anti-freeze and oil were fine, but the brake fluid is low.  I know I've used a DOT product in the past, but not sure what is the best brake fluid for this car and I don't have a old bottle in the trunk.  What does everyone recommend I use?  Also, I was adding lead when I filled the gas tank with super unleaded.  I'm out of lead as well.  Do most people add lead?  Any recommendations.

Hope to be out driving her around tomorrow as well.

Ann

1960 (or '59) TR3A
1965 Daimler V8 2.5 L RHD