[TR] TR6 tires

James E. Long longroadhomefarm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 16:52:50 MDT 2017

My TR6 has been off the road for quite a long time, while I dealt with my
wife's cancer and death.  I did start and drive it a few feet every couple
of months. It has a set of original Michelin Redlines that were installed
in mid 1980s.  They are very dried out  and two are separating down to the
steel/fabric layers.
Does anyone have experience with the Coker Redlines?
I know the OE Michelins were not the best and don't compare with the newer
tires of today, but was hoping the Cokers would be some improvement.  The
size, design, and that red stripe really set the car off.
Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Jim Long
1959 TR3 and 1974 TR6
In the Ozarks 1 hr. south of St Louis