[TR] TR4 and Miata seats

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Fri Sep 1 18:56:04 MDT 2017

On August 31, Lee&John Howard wrote”

I've made this conversion and it is a huge improvement. The seat back tilts putting this 6'2" frame a bit further back and making a more comfy position. There is a bit of lateral support as well.

Of course, the tonneau no longer fits, although the soft top is fine. Is it possible that the TR6 top made for its taller seats might work?  Anybody faced this one down?

++++

Many years ago I purchased a TR6 tonneau for my TR4 (because it was an incredibly inexpensive scratch & dent type item). All I had to do was add some extra LTD sockets. If you can get one without the fasteners installed, you should be fine.

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net