[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 229

Allan Stults acstults at hushmail.com
Fri Sep 1 17:16:53 MDT 2017

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:28:35 -0700
From: "Lee&John Howard"
To: triumph list list
Subject: [TR] TR4 and Miata seats

I've made this conversion and it is a huge improvement. The seat back
tilts
putting this 6'2" frame a bit further back and making a more comfy
position. There is a bit of lateral support as well.
Of course, the tonneau no longer fits, although the soft top is fine.
Is it
possible that the TR6 top made for its taller seats might work?
Anybody
faced this one down?

John H

I've done the same thing to my '62 TR 3.  What an improvement!!!  I
took my tonneau cover to my local top guy and he cut holes and sewed
in a pocket.  When the tonneau is on, it looks like it came from the
factory.  I don't remember the cost, but it was not outrageous.

Allan Stults