[TR] Looking for inspiration

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Mon Oct 30 16:16:18 MDT 2017

My 57 TR3 had an eFan installed by Bob Schaller that fit so nicely that Bob
just put short sheet metal screws through the mounting tabs on the fan and
screwed them into the metal frame around the radiator fins. When I replaced
the rad with an aluminium Wizard, I did likewise. Tried to keep the mounting
as simple as possible.

The eFan that came on my more recent 62 TR4 was mounted with those zip ties
through the fins. It started to leak at all four mounting spots. Removal
revealed substantial damage to the fins. I purchased another Wizard (same
rad as the TR3). I replaced the eFan with a TrimLine and wanted to install
it the same way as the TR3 but I could not get all four mounting tabs to
position directly over the frame around the fins. I purchased the install
kit, installed two of the tabs and rotated the fan relative to the rad until
I had four mounting points (two using the mounting kit tabs and two using
the fan frame mounting tabs) over the frame around the rad. The bung in the
top tank is for the thermostatic temperature control of the fan.