[TR] TR3 wiring harness

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Oct 20 15:57:13 MDT 2017

> > I am considering going to look at a TR3a that I am told is a 59 and had
> > wiring harness fire in the engine compartment.
> >
> > I looked at the moss catalog and it appears that the TR3a has one big
> > harness; not separate ones for various sections.
> >
> > Is this the case?  I have not looked at the car so I don't what
> condition a
> > lot of things are in.

There are a few sub-harnesses, like the wires that run through the steering
column and the wires to the front lights.  Overdrive (if equipped) has its
own (very simple) harness.

But otherwise, it's all one harness.  Oddly enough, it's the same harness
whether the car is LHD or RHD.  All that changes is where the steering
column harness is attached to the main harness, and the routing of the leg
to the headlight dimmer switch.

-- Randall