[TR] Some questions for the Thanksgiving weekend

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 9 21:15:37 MDT 2017

Hmm, was I supposed to wait until Thanksgiving to answer?

> Now, here is the stupid moment on my part, I have attached the pic of the
> coil, did I swap it? Or still need to?  The white goes to the +ve side.

Looks fine to me.  You converted to negative ground, so the white wire
(power from the switch) goes to the positive terminal.

In my experience, the difference is mostly theoretical anyway.  The engine
will run just fine with the spark polarity reversed.

> Does anyone have suggestions on how to clear the
> smell, short of sandblasting and repainting?

I've had some moderate success with setting out saucers of chlorine laundry
bleach and closing the space up for a few days.  Maybe change the chlorine
every day or two.

-- Randall