[TR] Some questions for the Thanksgiving weekend

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Mon Oct 9 12:50:01 MDT 2017

Afternoon all,

In the process of getting the '3 back together I have installed the alternator and must say it fits nicely.  The original control box looked like it was toast anyways :-P  Still need to swap the ammeter and add in the shunt based on Randall's advice

Now, here is the stupid moment on my part, I have attached the pic of the coil, did I swap it? Or still need to?  The white goes to the +ve side.

My second question, when the spitfire was parked during my divorce an animal got into the trunk and well died.  By the time I got back the body was not really recognizable but the stench was well you can imagine.  Everything is out of the truck so it is down to the bare metal.  But the smell is still there.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to clear the smell, short of sandblasting and repainting?

Thanks in advance
David Templeton

-          59 TR3a

-          74 spitsix