[TR] Rear diff front seal

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Fri Oct 6 17:03:03 MDT 2017

CAREFULLY remove the nut counting the turns as you remove it. Easiest to
use nail polish/paint/etc to mark the exact nut position before
starting.   You'll want to tighten it to exactly the same place upon
re-istall. (with judicious lock tite application)

Once removed, two screw drivers or a proper seal puller (looks like a
flat metal crowbar with small single hooks at each 'hammer head' edge.

I'd like to also suggest.... consider polishing the flange surface where
the seal rides.... seal longevity.

also don't foget a liberal coat of oil on that surface before installing
the flange into t he new seal to lube that surface.

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net www.teglerizer.com