[TR] Tr3, conversion from capillary tube to electrically sensed water temperature gauge

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Nov 27 15:38:54 MST 2017

Hi, David.  Yes, I did when I first restored the TR3A in 2004ish.  ISTR that the electrical plug screwed right in, so thread wasn't a problem.  Since mine is a daily driver and originality isn't paramount, I also got a bit impatient with gauge problems, so swapped to a pretty acceptable looking set of SunPro's, opting for a voltmeter rather than an ammeter.  And also manufactured a nylon adapter so I could hook up a SunPro fuel sending unit.

Terry
New Hampshire