[TR] Lucas Heater Switch

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 13:15:00 MST 2017

TeriAnn ~

*"According to my Lucas1961 catalogue 78362D is the optional heater *
*switch for the Triumph TR3. takes knob 54332086."*

​I don't find a 78362D mentioned anywhere on the web.... at least not in
the way of anything currently for sale....​

*​"​78405 is not a listed number for 1961​"*

FWIW, these Lucas heater switches *are *available on eBay*​*
.

But, as Randall said in his email of a day or two ago:

*Stock TR3A is either 78262 or 78362 for (probably) post-60k.  They take*
*different knobs.  78362 is 2.5 ohms.*

*78384 is 5 ohms (per Lucas 400e master catalog),*
*78405 is 15 ohms according to*
*https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/815/category/153*
<https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/815/category/153>

Not really sure what to do for a new heater switch! What do people do if
 their present heater switch fails for some reason? I can't see spending
$140 for it from Moss
(
https://mossmotors.com/switch-rheostat-replacement?assoc=41693
​).

Maybe Moss will tell me what the manufacturer's part number is for the
635-180 they sell....

Dave​