[TR] TR3 DM2 Dizzy Question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Nov 23 10:37:53 MST 2017

> My 61 TR3A is positive ground and has a DM2 dizzy.  This may be a dumb
> question but can I switch to neg ground with this distributor?  Want to
> get
> a Pertronix electronic ignition at TRF but the pertronix for this model
> only
> states positive ground.

With points, the distributor will work with either polarity.  If you want to
use a Pertronix conversion, then you'll have to get the one that matches
your polarity.

I believe TRF P/N PTR114 is Pertronix P/N LU149; which will work with DM2
and negative ground.  (The positive ground Pertronix number is LU149P12.)

However, it might be available cheaper from other sources.  I found a
listing on Amazon for $96.  I got mine on sale at FLAPS for $80, but that
was a few years back.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild