[TR] adding wire wheels

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 15:42:08 MST 2017

I did this more simply that defying death, though now I see I missed a life experience.  Ta dum.

When I switched to wire wheels, I simply bolted on the spline adapters, then took my bench grinder (didn't have the proper tool) and ground the lugs down to the proper size.  Then I backed off the lug nuts to set the thread spacing right so that the nuts would go on again easy every time I took the hubs apart for bearings and brakes.  Has worked great for over a dozen years.  If I ever wanted to (won't) switch back, I'd worry about swapping lugs then.

I do believe, though, that there are spacers available.  Not sure what that does to tire fit within the fender well, tho.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667

New Hampshire