[TR] TR4A seats

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Sun May 28 11:24:37 MDT 2017

Congratulations on getting the car finished!  (are they ever finished?:-)

I have not driven or ridden in a TR4A recently enough to offer an opinion but let me say that the difference between a TR3 seat and aTR6 seat is like night and day.  The TR6 seat provides lateral support and is comfortable (although some say too narrow).  The TR3 seats position you where you can drive but that is about it.  A good set of springs helps a lot, The old springs that came with the seats when I bought the car were crap and my but bottomed out.  Miserable.  But the TR4A seats may have progressed to the diaphragm (as was mentioned before).  A good diaphragm is important and relatively easy to change out.

I don't know what evolutionary steps Triumph made along the way between the TR3 and TR6 in seat technology but it may be that that is just the way they are.  But I suspect that they are more like TR6 than TR3.  But try not to compare them to modern car seats.  You'll be disappointed every time.

Dave Massey