[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 134

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu May 25 18:41:39 MDT 2017

> Hi, In the process of rebuilding floors and associated body parts, I let
> the TR3 sit 10 years without running. If for some reason it doesn't turn
> over, what do I pour in to loosen it up. I was not concerned because it
> hadn't started in 25 years when I bought it. I just had to rebuild the
> carbs, they look good now.

Whatever your favorite penetrating oil is.  I like PB Blaster and Kroil.

But don't expect miracles.  Aluminum pistons in a steel cylinder can set up
an electrolytic corrosion cell, especially if moisture (condensation) got
into the cylinder.

The good news is that piston & liner sets are relatively cheap, relatively
easy to install.  I've even done it without removing the engine.

-- Randall