[TR] vehicle offers while driving a TR

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed May 24 06:18:51 MDT 2017

 "Side note, am I the only one that has had multiple people stop you while driving a Triumph to say - "I have one of these in my yard, would you like to come get it?"  Teri Ann"

I don't think you are the only one, because I have read and heard many stories like that, but it doesnt happen to me, not in my 40 years or so of driving British and some other old and unusual cars.  Plenty of "I used to have one just like its" but no offers of free or next to free cars and parts.

Closest thing but not really the same, plenty of deals where lots of parts or even a whole parts car was thrown in (as much for the owner to get the stuff or car out of his garage or yard as to sweeten the deal).

Also offers to trade, mostly in the early days, had both a tri-carb big Healey and an Alfa Guilietta offered straight up for my 66 Sprite.  The Sprite was by no means perfect, but was decent and road ready, the other two were rusty and rinning, but barely.  I turned both down, which was actually probably smart at the time, as the Sprite was my daily drive to school and work, and I didn't have the skills or mostly the money needed to run the other cars.

Greg
TR250