[TR] Water pumps.

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 9 15:26:55 MDT 2017

> My TR3 is in need of a water pump. It's a stock car. But I live in middle
> Georgia. HOT Summers
>
> I see upgraded 5 and 6 blade impellers. Any opinions as to a replacement ?
> Or will stock suffice?

IMO, stock will do fine as long as you don't have some other cooling
problem.

I've fought lots of TR3 cooling problems, and never found that lack of
coolant flow was the issue.  I've also tried "uprated" pumps when I was
having a problem and they didn't help at all.  Now I run a stock pump (with
other cooling upgrades like an electric fan) and the engine stays cool even
when it's 115F.  The driver overheats before the engine does!

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild