[TR] TR4 + alternator + headers

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 10:12:24 MDT 2017

So..
The new unit is installed. The original belt works after all and the
alternator site far enough off the block to not be a concern.
I did have to cut back the slotted brace by a couple of inches ( at the
engine end, of course), and then flatten it. The pulleys line up very
nicely.

I wired her up according to Randall's scheme but ended up putting a 30 amp
circuit breaker in the heavy line between the alternator and the Control
Box ( which doesn't control anything anymore.) Maybe unnecessary but makes
me feel good.
Started right up and is pumping out 13.5-6 volts at 2000 or so rpm.  To my
surprise, the ammeter needle still hovers around the midpoint but, as
before, reads in reverse. I'm used to that.

It did take a while to get the red warning light working properly, but now
that is OK too.

I've been drivng for a couple of weeks now and all is well. Thank you all
for your help!

John