[TR] Stag missing a beat at speed but not at idle

Sujit Roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 00:08:03 MDT 2017

Today I took the Stag for a long 30min at speed run in about 70 degree
weather. All OK. I stopped for about an hour and then the car wouldn't
start. Vapor lock came to mind but not sure.  It eventually did start. On
the way home I noticed the car missing a beat and ran rough at about 70
mph. I drove at about 60 mph but still notice the roughness.

At home car idles OK, but at about 2k rpm misses a beat.

I have Luminition ignition. The rotor and cap look OK, but I really don't
know the age. The Lumintion came from a parts car. The module is sitting by
the side of the relay panel inside the car

I plan to swap out the rotor and cap as a test.

Vacuum is OK.
I have a see through fuel filter and the feed seems ok.

If swapping out the the rotor and cap doesn't help, what else should I look
for?

Dizzy is on tight.

SUjit
'71 Stag