[TR] Removing gears off main shaft (gearbox)

Tim Moore timthebold at ameritech.net
Sat Mar 11 15:06:46 MST 2017

Removing that circlip is one of the most frustrating jobs you will ever do without the special tool. Its actually a S69A. I believe its a typo in the manual. I don't think there is a S67. You can try and get if off using screwdrivers but be prepared to utter every cuss word you know. I ended up using a dremel with a small pointed grinder and ground into the clip weakening it enough to allow removal. The part is cheap and besides its always a good idea to replace clips. After that I did find a tool on ebay but they are as rare as hens teeth. Good luck. This is what the tool looks like.