[TR] Stag clutch master cyl

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Sun Mar 5 09:04:39 MST 2017

I Have a leaking clutch master cyl with a problem I haven't encountered before and wonder if any listers have.

I replaced my original mc in 2007 while I was having lots of other clutch problems with a unit I got from Rimmers.  This is slightly different than the original where the reservoir attaches.  On the original, a nipple is braised to the master cyl housing itself which then attaches to the reservoir with some rubber tubing.

On the replacement cylinder, this nipple is braised to a flat washer which sits on top of the cylinder and presumably there is a nipple on the other end which goes into a rubber seal internal to the mc.  The cylinder is leaking underneath the washer and draining the entire contents of the reservoir.  I'm hoping I can pry the nipple/flat washer off, replace the seal underneath and be back in business.

Has anyone had this problem and is the seal I need in a rebuild kit?  I ordered a kit from Paddocks and it is not in their kit.  I did notice that Rimmers still has this new style mc but it is changed slightly in that the flat washer is now a large nut with a brass sealing washer under it, so obviously they've changed the design for this exact problem.

Rimmers rebuild kit does have an extra white plastic 'seal' which may be what I need.  Will prob call them this week.

Has Anyone run into this before and were you able to find a replacement seal?

Thanks,
Frank