[TR] Tranny Questions

hdrider570 at att.net hdrider570 at att.net
Thu Jun 29 16:08:09 MDT 2017

There is a service bulletin that calls for the replacement of the 1/2
gear detent plunger.  They changed the shape as they were having
problems with TR's slipping out of second gear on overrun.

Of course if the detent is too lightly set it will pop out as well.  My
recollection is they changed the plunger to the type used on 3/4 gear.
It is located on the shifter extension on the rear portion underneath.

I had a TR4 that had this issue and changing the detent plunger and
correct adjustment made the problem go away.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA