[TR] Flywheel refacing

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Jun 27 15:04:52 MDT 2017

The only problem I've had leaving the flywheel untouched on various rebuilds was not the flywheel, but reusing a pressure plate that later proved to be too soft. Even then it took years for it to start slipping. That said, I had the flywheel resurfaced but not balanced (I didn't know to until now!) on the spare engine I rebuilt. Now, an engine issue becomes a weekend swap, rather than months waiting on machine work and parts.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire