[TR] Flywheel refacing

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Jun 27 06:24:52 MDT 2017

I did many clutch jobs when I was young, cheap, and ignorant, and didn't reface the clutch.  Never had a problem.  That said I would put it in the "can't hurt, might help" category, whatever you feel comfortable with.

My feeling about shops is that if something may cause a problem on 1 out of 100 cars on average if not done they will recommend it and do it.  As an andividual owner/mechanic I may be willing to roll the dice annd redo the job if needed.

The shop gets paid to do it if they do, vs. unhappy customer, damage to reputation and maybe warranty work if they don't.

Greg Lemon
TR250