[TR] brake fluif and TR-3s

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 13:15:14 MDT 2017

This talk of brake fluid reminded me about something.  When I bought my
first Triumph in 1968, a 1958 TR-3,  it had many little (and some not so
little) problems but the brakes were not one of them.  The fellow selling
the car related that the brake system had been completely redone because
he'd used American brake fluid in it which ate out every seal in the system.
Whoever did the work forgot one little seal though, the rubber ring at the
bottom of the brake fluid reservoir.  I discovered that when the brake pedal
went to the floor one day not long after I'd put the car on the road.  Good
thing I was in a parking lot and going slow!

Ron L'Herault