[TR] Fwd: TR4 Brake Light Switch

John Finlayson john_finlayson at telus.net
Tue Jun 6 13:45:02 MDT 2017

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "John Finlayson" <john_finlayson at telus.net>
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Cc: "john finlayson" <john_finlayson at telus.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:00:27 PM
Subject: TR4 Brake Light Switch

I recently discovered that the brake lights are not working on my '62 TR4 and have traced it to the pressure switch. The switch has 1/8 x 27 NPTF pipe threads. Does anyone know if a thread sealant is required and if so what would be the appropriate one to use?

John Finlayson

I should note that the TR2 workshop manual does not mention sealant..."Screw stop light switch into head of banjo bolt...". The setup is somewhat different in my TR4 but I think the switch is essentially the same. The new switch I will be installing is from Moss 542-110.

John Finlayson