[TR] Knocking noise

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jun 6 05:41:31 MDT 2017

Did you flat tow it for a considerable distance with the drive shaft connected?  I did that with my TR6 and got the same noise.  It is the layshaft in the transmission.  Or rather the bearings on the layshaft.  When you depress the clutch the transmission stops spinning and the noise stops.

Now's the time to pull it and rebuild it rather than wait for the rebuild to be complete only to undo the interior.

Dave Massey