[TR] Windshield Removal

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Jul 27 08:12:10 MDT 2017

 The TR6 has three (3) bolts that are accessed from the door gap.  These must be loosened and the nut on the end of the post must be removed on each side to remove the windshield.  (Note: the TR4 has only two bolts on each bracket)

However, In my experience I have found that frequently the bracket is frozen to the windshield frame pin because it appears that they were assembled while the paint was still soft.  I have had to resort to breaking the bracket loose by removing the three bolts completely, removing the dash vent air duct and, in the case of the passenger side, remove the glove box and grab the bracket with a pair of Vice Grips (R) and rotate the bracket to break the bond.  Only then was I able to withdraw the windshield.

Be prepared.

Dave Massey