[TR] Electronic voltage regulator

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 14:14:23 MDT 2017

The regulator should usually have an easier time controlling a dynamo at higher RPMs than lower.  It takes less field current to get the same voltage.

It makes me think that maybe the brushes are not keeping good contact?  I don't know for sure.

The charging warning light comes when the dynamo is putting out sufficiently less than battery voltage to get the lamp to illuminate.  Essentially it needs to be generating well below  8 volts to get the lamp to light well and at voltage the cutout relay SHOULD have cut out the dynamo from the battery to prevent reverse current from the battery through the armature to ground.

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine