[TR] Ron Hackenberger collection

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Jul 15 19:16:14 MDT 2017

"The days of picking up a TR3 for $500 (the price of my first car 15 years
ago) are long gone.  Which is a good  thing, right?

 Andrew Uprichard"

I don't know, back when I had my Healey in the early 2000s prices rose pretty drastically til the best were bringing 100k or more at auction.  While it is nice to see whatever you own go up in value, it is not so nice to see the price of entry into the club, even for projects that need pretty much everything, let alone a nice driver, go from "cheap and cheerful" to real money and it all gets to be bit of a more of a business than a hobby, or at least serious project to make it all "correct"  or have people looking down on you if you don't.  I guess I'd kind of like to see Triumphs stay closer to the "cheap and cheerful" end of the spectrum.

Greg Lemon
TR250