[TR] TR3 fuel pump woes

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Jul 14 16:07:59 MDT 2017

Hi, TeriAnn. I've been running the metal Facet pump for about a dozen years. Flip the key on, you can hear it, but engage the starter and the engine is running I can't hear it. I mounted it just in front of the rear driver wheel well, on the frame, with rubber vibration dampers. I carry a spare in the trunk. It's quick to pop on, quick to pop off in case of failure, which happened once. I think Randall all that time ago suggested running it through the manual pump so if one stopped the other could pick up?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire