[TR] Wishbone bushes

davehogye dlhogye at comcast.net
Wed Jul 12 13:21:49 MDT 2017

Hi Dave,
Glad you got them free. I meant to write earlier.
Chances are the pin under the sleeve is a little rusty and pitted. If you were to cut through the sleeve a little with a dremel or grinder, no real harm would be done. The sleeve does not rotate on the pin. The sleeve is the rotation surface and that's one good reason for the design. The wear surface gets replaced upon servicing. The sleeve gets clamped in place when the pin end supports are installed.
Note: as a repair manual states, tighten the pin nut against the end support, when the rebuild is complete and the weight of the car is on the suspension. This sets the sleeves in the optimal "loaded" position before tightening.
When I did mine, I put a piece of bright painters tape on the nut as a reminder.

// Dave H.