[TR] TR4 + alternator + headers

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 11:52:46 MST 2017

Johnit was  PIA.the rear mount of the alternator is not in line with the front.so i made a sturdy bracket that fastened to the mount and then welded another bracket with a slot in it so that it came back to the standard mounting bracket of the triumph.hard to describe in words.had to grind a small amount of the front mounting plate off to get all pulleys to lone up. no big deal on that.also need to get one of the aftermarket wide belt pulley adapters.
the suzuki was a little different.i took one of the aftermarket wide belt pulley adapters and had to machine (lathe) a small adapter plate to fit the smaller diameter shaft of the suzuki. also needed to do a little lathe work on the pulley itself to get the adapter to work.after that i used a 3/8" id thick wall tube as a spacer to get the pulley in the same plane as the rest of the pulleys. easy stuff.also had to cut down the tension arm a little.i made a set of drawings for this adaptation if any one wants it.
both conversions required that you leave the back attachment loose or out until you get the belt over the alternator pulley.

frank