[TR] why could my brother change gear in an old Triumph without using the clutch

Stan Foster stan at redtr6.com
Mon Jan 16 20:29:49 MST 2017

Double de-clutch

https://www.torquecars.com/articles/double-de-clutching.php

From: Triumphs [mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Sujit Roy
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 7:58 PM
To: Triumphs <triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] why could my brother change gear in an old Triumph without using the clutch

We had a Triumph Toledo and the gearbox whined like no bodies business.
He had this skill, which I could do, to change gear either up or down without using the clutch.

He mentioned that he needed to get the engine speed in sync with the gearbox.
If the gearbox was new, could he still do this?

I'm assuming this is how people with dog gears do this without the gears grinding.

Sujit