[TR] Sears to Sell the Iconic Craftsman Brand after 90 Years

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Mon Jan 9 17:04:55 MST 2017

Same here, my dad gave me a nice Craftsman starter set when I was 19. I still
have both the 3/8" and 1/2" ratchets, I'm pretty sure I still have all the
sockets, and they've taken a beating over the last 40 years. I've added plenty
of Craftsman tools over the years, and the true "Craftsman" branded items have
retained most of their quality. Last year I bought a Craftsman metric tap and
die set, and they're higher quality than any others I own. And when the handle
fell off my 10-yr-old Craftsman 'loppers' last year, yep, they gave me a brand
new pair, better quality than the broken ones I traded in.

Lately one has to be careful when buying tools at Sears, if it doesn't have
the Craftsman brand included right on the tool itself, it doesn't carry the
lifetime warranty. It's not always obvious that some of the tools don't have
the name.

I agree that most of the Kobalt brand tools I've seen are good quality too.

 Lee