[TR] TR2 coupe

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 12:35:17 MST 2017

> Interesting photo of the unusual OD lever.  Where did you find that?

Don said the photos came from an old thread on the Triumph Register (UK)
forum.  I just zoomed in on the linkage for the one I posted.

After having to tear the interior all apart just because the contacts inside
the solenoid were intermittent (leading to the OD often refusing to engage),
and almost having to do the same thing because the 3-4 isolator switch did
the same thing; I'm thinking there might be a real advantage to the
mechanical linkage.

But I still don't think leaving it engaged in first gear is a good idea.
Mine sometimes still doesn't have pressure up by the time I shift into 2nd
even, and the slow shift as it builds pressure has to be hard on the clutch.

-- Randall