[TR] Pickling Carbs

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 08:58:06 MST 2017

     I have had a semi-catastrophic engine failure awhile back in my TR6. I
just had the ZS carbs rebuilt about 6 months ago by Paltech and they work
perfectly. I may not me be able to get to the TR6 engine for a year or two -
I have a couple of other engine jobs lined up before I can get to it. I was
wondering if there was a way to pull the carbs and pickle them so that when
I put them back on they are not all gummed up. I was thinking of soaking
them in carb cleaner or WD40, something that can be found in a large can for
not too much money. Maybe I should run them through carb cleaner and then
lube them with WD40 and put them in Ziploc bags or something.

     Any ideas?

     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi