[TR] Feb 10 - Drive Your Triumph Day Sometimes it really pays off.

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 09:57:18 MST 2017

Not too late.  Thanks for the photos and the story.

Rye

Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE

On Feb 24, 2017, at 08:51 AM, Bud R <levilevi at comcast.net> wrote:

A bit delayed due some technical problems but here’s my pic and story from Drive Your Triumph Day.

So I’m stopped at a light and some guy (Chet) jumps out of his truck in the next lane and comes up to my window. I hadn’t cut anyone off (lately) so I was more than a bit surprised this guy was standing there. He says I’ve got some parts to give you that fit this car (Spitfire MK III). I followed him to his house and he proceeds to give me a brand new dash cover ($149 value) and an air damn ($100 value??), that had all the hardware and even the tube of adhesive for the dash cover (seen below). Chet said he’d had Spitfires over the years and had sold them but still had these last few parts and didn’t want to just toss them.

The irony was that I was on my way to the post office to mail some fellow listers some free o-rings for their PDWAs, so maybe paying it forward paid off, much faster than usual this time.

Sometimes just driving your Triumph has added benefit, including giving your granddaughter a ride.

Regards
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)